Sacramento Neuro Psych Associates is a proud provider of TMS Therapy.
At Sacramento Neuro Psych Associates we pride ourselves in treating children, adolescents and adults struggling with a variety of mental health conditions. We specialize in medicine management for Treatment-Resistant Depression and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder along with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS).
What is TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Therapy?
TMS is an FDA-cleared safe and effective non-drug depression treatment for patients who are not satisfied with the results of standard drug therapy. This novel treatment option provides benefits without the side effects often associated with antidepressant medication.
In addition to medication management and focused psychotherapy, we also specialize in TMS for treatment of Major Depressive Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety disorders, and there is an emerging role in treating other mental health disorders with this modality
Some facts about TMS:
- Uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses similar to those used in MRI
- Stimulates key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression
- In-office treatments take about 20 to 35 minutes
- Treatment is administered five days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
To see if this treatment is right for you, please contact our office directly for a free consultation with our TMS Coordinator. Our office also offers a free in-person appointment to see and feel the machine prior to your first treatment session.
TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone. We can help you discover how this proven depression treatment can help and whether it is right for you.